Health insurer Aetna (Hartford, Conn.) has selected Benefitfocus' (Charleston, S.C.) platform for enrollment and benefeits management. The companies had an existing data exchange relationship.
According to a company release, the Benefitfocus platform enables users to:
- Shop for benefits and evaluate options with advanced plan comparison tools
- Learn with integrated video and decision support tools
- Manage eligibility and enrollment for all types of benefits
- View and pay invoices, making real-time adjustments as needed
- Communicate with live chat, personalized messages and the latest social media tools
"Aetna is dedicated to helping lower the overall cost of health care by developing innovative online capabilities that make the health care system work more effectively," Frank McCauley, SVP and head of Aetna's local employers and consumers business, adds in a statement. "We are pleased to work with Benefitfocus – a leader in providing technology that works for individual consumers, small employers and large complex employers – to help achieve these objectives."
Nathan Golia is senior editor of Insurance & Technology. He joined the publication in 2010 as associate editor and covers all aspects of the nexus between insurance and information technology, including mobility, distribution, core systems, customer interaction, and risk ... View Full Bio