According to Advertising Age, insurance ad spending across all lines of business — not just car insurance — >totaled $4.15 billion in 2009, double what it was in 2000. And much of that spend takes place during NFL football games, the cost for which was as high as $975,000 for some marquee games this year, Adweek reports.
So what do you get when you have an industry that can't wait to get its ads in front of consumers, and a premium product to buy ads against? Several commercials for insurance after every kickoff, touchdown or punt. Here are some of the most ubiquitous.
- Page 2: 1) Allstate: Mayhem As Snow
- Page 3: 2) Nationwide: Join the Nation
- Page 4: 3) Liberty Mutual: Humans
- Page 5: 4) Prudential: Day One
- Page 6: 5) Geico: Eddie Money