The U.S. Department of the Treasury has appointed 15 members to the Federal Advisory Committee on Insurance.
Prescribed by the Dodd-Frank Act, the Committee advises the Federal Insurance Office on issues related to FIO's responsibilities. Because most insurance regulation in the U.S. is done at the state level, nearly half of the Committee is comprised of state insurance regulators, Treasury said in a statement.
“These individuals have tremendous knowledge about the insurance industry and a wide cross-section of experience,” Michael McRaith, director of the FIO, says in a statement. “I’m pleased that they will be offering their valuable expertise as the Federal Insurance Office continues moving forward with its critical work.”
Appointed today were:
- David Birnbaum, Economist and Executive Director, Center for Economic Justice
- Michael Consedine, Commissioner, Commonwealth of the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance
- Jacqueline Cunningham, Commissioner, State of Virginia Bureau of Insurance
- John Degnan, Senior Advisor to the CEO of the Chubb Corporation
- Brian Duperreault, President and Chief Executive Officer, Marsh & McLennan Companies
- Loretta Fuller, Chief Executive Officer, Insurance Solutions Associates
- Scott E. Harrington, Alan B. Miller Professor in the Health Care Management and Insurance and Risk Management departments at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Benjamin Lawsky, Superintendent of Financial Services, State of New York
- Thomas Leonardi, Commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Insurance
- Monica Lindeen, State of Montana Commissioner of Securities and Insurance and State Auditor
- Christopher Mansfield, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Liberty Mutual Group
- Sean McGovern, Director and General Counsel, Lloyd’s North America
- Theresa Miller, Administrator, State of Oregon Insurance Division
- Michael E. Sproule, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, New York Life Insurance Co.
- Bill White, Commissioner, District of Columbia Department of Insurance
Nathan Golia is senior editor of Insurance & Technology. He joined the publication in 2010 as associate editor and covers all aspects of the nexus between insurance and information technology, including mobility, distribution, core systems, customer interaction, and risk ... View Full Bio