Coventry Health Care (Bethesda, Md.) says it decreased application processing by one full day by piloting the DRX (Los Angeles) iPad Mobile Field Enrollment application with its Medicare clients.
“The DRX iPad Mobile Field Enrollment application provided a compliant and easy-to-use enrollment solution for our in-field Medicare sales agents. We experienced significant cost savings, even during this brief pilot,” Armando Luna, VP of Medicare marketing and sales for Coventry Health Care, says in a statement. “In addition, because enrollment applications were submitted completely and correctly, our clients enjoyed faster approval of their applications.”
Milton Kleinberg, CEO of Senior Market Sales, Coventry's contracted field force, added in the statement that his agents "reported that the faster application processing resulted in more timely payment of commissions, and that customers loved feeling engaged in the enrollment process. Customers were also impressed by the technology and functionality."
[Read how agents for Aflac and John Hancock have used the iPad to engage consumers]
According to DRX, its app enables:
- Electronic capture and submission of enrollment information
- Offline availability to facilitate plan comparison and enrollment
- Immediate detection of input errors or missing information
- Automatic updating of plan data
- Reporting of enrollment activity, including completed enrollments and utilization metrics
The company also says the app is in "full compliance with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)