News Archive from November 26, 2012
- Aviva's Usage-Based Insurance Android App Emerges from Beta with New NameNovember 26, 2012Aviva Drive is the name of the app and a corresponding insurance product.
- MGIS Names New Underwriting HeadNovember 26, 2012The company named a new IT head earlier this year.
- Mountain West to Support Commercial Lines Expansion with Cover-All PolicyNovember 21, 2012With Cover-All’s support for ISO-based products, Mountain West Farm Bureau anticipates greater speed-to-market for new products, along with diminished maintenance on rating updates, ease-of-use and paperless efficiencies.
- U.S. Releases New Health Insurance Reform RulesNovember 21, 2012The U.S. administration on
Tuesday proposed new health insurance rules aimed at ending
discrimination against the sick and guaranteeing minimum
benefits for millions of Americans who are expected to obtain
coverage under President Barack Obama's healthcare
- AIG to Bid on Chinese State-Owned InsurerNovember 21, 2012Chinese state-owned insurer
PICC Group has secured pledges from American International Group
(AIG) and other investors to buy about half of its up to
$3.6 billion IPO, set to be the biggest in Hong Kong in two
- Insurers See Need to Modernize Claims Capabilities, Cloud Will Help - Accenture SurveyNovember 20, 2012Insurers have failed to achieve the promise of modern, configurable claims systems in significant measure, but cloud is likely to help carriers to leapfrog to future-proofed modern capabilities that can take advantage of data analytics.
- AIG Bailout Lawsuit Vs. N.Y. Fed DismissedNovember 19, 2012The Federal Reserve Bank of New
York won the dismissal of former American International Group
Inc Chief Executive Maurice "Hank" Greenberg's $25
billion lawsuit accusing it of acting unlawfully in bailing out
the insurer during the 2008 financial crisis.
- Humana Demonstrates Insurance's Leadership Role in Data ManagementNovember 16, 2012The health insurer's CIO says that the company has prioritized building a data organization that can improve healthcare on its own.
- Protective Life Names New Chief Risk OfficerNovember 16, 2012Michael Temple joins the company from Unum.
- Allianz Brings In Exec to Manage IT Aspects of Customer ExperienceNovember 16, 2012Margaret Peck will help ensure that the company meets performance benchmarks for its operations and customer experience initiatives.
- China PICC in Talks With AIG as Buyer for $4b Hong Kong IPONovember 15, 2012China's PICC Group is in talks
with American International Group Inc and others to
become cornerstone investors for its planned listing worth up to
$4 billion, in what will be Hong Kong's biggest IPO in two
- AT&T Sees $1b Opportunity in Company CybersecurityNovember 14, 2012Companies will double or
triple spending on cybersecurity in the coming years as attacks
grow more sophisticated and frequent, creating a billion dollar
business opportunity for U.S carrier AT&T Inc, it said on
- Bring It On: With Eye on the Future, AIG Returns Core Insurance Operations to AIG BrandNovember 12, 2012With eye on the future, AIG returns core insurance operations to AIG brand; "AIG as a global insurance brand is back," declares president and CEO Robert Benmosche, in explaining new branding and "brand promise" strategy.
- Design, Not Performance, Defines Success of Online Quoting: StudyNovember 12, 2012But product satisfaction still is the greatest indicator of customer acquisition.
- New BlackBerrys Coming Jan. 30: RIMNovember 12, 2012Research In Motion Ltd
plans to introduce its new line of BlackBerry 10 smartphones on
Jan. 30, the company said on Monday, giving investors a measure
of confidence that the long-awaited devices are nearing
- New York Cafes, Shops Slammed by Sandy Struggle Back to BusinessNovember 09, 2012After filling dumpsters with
ruined inventory, many owners of New York City's shops and
restaurants find themselves waiting on emergency loans and
insurance companies or trying to personally finance their
recovery from Superstorm Sandy.
- Crum & Forster Sees New Policy Admin System as Key to GrowthNovember 09, 2012Crum & Forster to deploy Accenture Duck Creek P&C software to help streamline processes, better serve customers and drive growth.
- Customer Experience, Analytics and Cloud Will Drive Insurance Industry Growth — I&T Summit PanelNovember 08, 2012Other important factors in growth will be cultural diversity, attraction of workforce talent, and a better understanding of one’s genuine differentiators, according to a panel of winners of Insurance & Technology’s Elite 8 Award and industry ve
- U.S. Northeast Digs out from Snow Following HurricaneNovember 08, 2012New York City and much of the
U.S. Northeast on Thursday dug out from a snowstorm that
walloped a region still struggling to recover from the
devastation of Superstorm Sandy.
- Insurers Across Lines of Business Focus on Continuity Post-SandyNovember 07, 2012Current and former Elite 8s were forthcoming about business continuity plans on several I&T Summit panels.
- Insurance CIOs Embrace Their Role as MarketersNovember 07, 2012Transamerica Brokerage president and CEO Michael Babikian spoke at Insurance & Technology's Executive Summit about his time as a CMO and why it was so important that he was aligned with IT. But he wasn't the only one who mentioned the importance of the mar
- Why Insurance is Like Victoria's SecretNovember 06, 2012At the 2012 Insurance & Technology Summit, CUNA Mutual CIO Rick Roy told the audience that the company's direct-to-consumer strategy is based on some very unlikely sources.
- Obama, Romney Solutions to Stimulating the EconomyNovember 06, 2012The health of the U.S. economy has been central to the campaign for the White House, with both President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney seeking to
convince voters they have a plan to usher in faster growth and job creation.
- Allstate Won't Apply Hurricane Deductibles for Sandy VictimsNovember 06, 2012Allstate and Allstate New Jersey say tropical cyclone and hurricane deductibles on property policies will not be applied for Northeast and several Mid-Atlantic states affected by last week's superstorm.
- Northeast Insurers Mop Up After Sandy, Face Formidable Claims ChallengeNovember 05, 2012Carriers that have navigated the initial business continuity challenges of Hurricane Sandy are ramping up to deal with increased claims volume as power is restored to policyholders.
See more news