November 7, 2011
6:30 am - 7:30 am
7:30 am - 7:45 amWelcome/Introduction: How Will We Define Leadership in Today's Insurance Industry? 7:45 am - 8:20 amMobile Game ChangersMobile in insurance is not just about facilitating claims management. Insurers are aggressively exploring ways to leverage mobile devices and tablets as tools to enhance distributor productivity and to provide a more interactive experience to policyholders. Apps, platforms, standards, user expectations - all are moving targets that present insurance companies with tremendous opportunities to build customer loyalty, satisfaction and profitability. Inevitably, there also are numerous security, financial and operational risks that come with betting on the online channel. Still, no insurer looking to build market share can afford to ignore the mobile channel. Hear from some of the most innovative mobile game changers in insurance how their strategies are evolving, and how they plan to maintain competitive advantage in this space.
- The next-gen mobile insurer - key apps and functionality.
- Mobile platform battles - who's going to win?
- Can insurers benefit from mobile payments?
- Mobile security realities and myths.
8:20 am - 8:45 amPolicy Administration: New Solutions, Different TradeoffsInsurers seeking to modernize their core systems today have better options than they've had in a very long time — if ever. The newer "rules-and-tools" configurable systems have demonstrated the viability of modern technology and changed how insurers now think of the trade-offs they face in modernization initiatives. However, trade-offs remain: simple replacement of old with new technology is not a solution for all carriers. Fortunately, while rules-based core systems have been evolving, so have alternatives. As a result, insurers can approach modernization with more options and with less risk.
- Evaluating alternative technologies
- A more collaborative approach to vendor and SI relations
- Development methodologies for mitigating risk
- The opportunities and limits of cloud-based delivery
, Senior Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer, National Western LifeDownload presentation
8:45 am - 9:15 amTransforming the IT Organization to Drive GrowthIt's easy to give lip service to the concept of IT transformation, but a true redefinition of IT's role in driving growth, compliance and customer loyalty requires more than rhetoric (or budget increases) - it takes courage, vision and creativity. Get the inside story of how the IT organization at one highly effective insurance company has become a critical partner to the business in creating and executing on growth opportunities, along with eliminating inefficiencies and enhancing profitability.
- Execution and accountability - creating the transparent IT organization.
- Confronting legacy to modernize policy admin systems.
- Assessing and deploying new platforms and computing models, including cloud computing.
- Key challenges and lessons learned - best practices for transformation.
- Building the insurance IT workforce of the future.
, Senior Vice President and CIO, Great American InsuranceDownload presentationModeratorKatherine Burger
, Editorial Director, Insurance & Technology
9:15 am - 10:00 amKeynote: Social Media - The Future of Interaction Is NowSocial media presents an exciting - and uncertain - new opportunity for insurers to interact with customers, enable collaboration among employees and partners, and to take branding and marketing to a new level of effectiveness. While a growing number of carriers recognize the value of leveraging social media, many are moving slowly because they remain wary of the risks, while others have stumbled in their initial social media forays, resulting in squandered opportunities. What can insurance companies learn about best practices from other industries that are using social media? Hear an exclusive forecast about what social media ultimately will mean for financial services - and how it will change the way business is conducted.
- Where social media is going - future models and players.
- Privacy concerns - are they overstated?
- Ensuring - and enhancing - brand integrity.
- Customer service and crisis management - what not to do.
10:00 am - 10:15 am
10:15 am - 11:45 am
One-on-One Sponsor Meetings
12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Networking & Recreational Activities
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Insurance & Technology's 2011 Elite 8 Awards Cocktail Reception
8:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Insurance & Technology's 2011 Elite 8 Awards Ceremony & Dinner