- AIG Names New CEOJune 11, 2014Robert Benmosche, who led AIG's post-financial crisis recovery, will resign from board Sept. 1 and assume advisory role.
- Mad Men, Insurance and ChangeMay 05, 2014A metaphor-filled episode of the show about advertising in the '60s has relevance for a transforming insurance industry.
- Insurers Strategize To Improve Cyber Protection In 2014January 16, 2014Insurers see an opportunity in cyber insurance, but must make sure their houses are in order as well.
- AIG, Fireman's Fund Among Insurers Launching Trov Digital LockerSeptember 24, 2013The product helps insureds stay on top of changes in their high-value collections, such as art.
- Kevin Hogan Rejoins AIG as Global Consumer CEOAugust 14, 2013The executive worked at AIG for 24 years before moving to Zurich Life in 2008.
- AIG Group Benefits Hops on Core Systems Replacement BandwagonJuly 11, 2013The AIG division has selected Mphasis-Wyde's Wynsure core suite.
- Q&A: How Genworth's Technology Strategy Supports IUL Product LaunchJune 01, 2013The carrier has added the ePolicy Delivery process to its Quick Request short-form tickets for new applications to create what Senior VP Chris Olson calls a front-to-back electronic offering that is hard to beat, from a producer's perspective.
- Lincoln Financial Group Names New VP & Managing Director Of Portfolio Management AnalyticsMay 21, 2013Credit risk management expert Paul Narayanan most recently headed Credit Risk Analytics at AIG Property Casualty.
- MetLife CEO Pushback at SIFI is One Voice Among ManyApril 12, 2013Steven Kandarian's comments at the April 10 Capital Markets Summit harmonize with those of other carriers and industry associations in a rare case of unanimity.
- Video: AIG's Benmosche Talks Data and Risk ManagementFebruary 22, 2013In a CNBC interview, the AIG CEO says that the company is using data to develop products with better margins.
- Insurance Customer Diversity Means Increased Expectations, OpportunitiesFebruary 10, 2013To determine growth opportunities, insurers need to gain customer insight on the varying heterogeneous segments within existing and new markets.
- AIG Board Meets on Possible Lawsuit vs. U.S. as Public RagesJanuary 09, 2013The board of American International Group
Inc met on Wednesday to consider a lawsuit against the
U.S. government over the terms of the company's bailout, a
discussion directors defended as their responsibility but one
that critics condemned as the height o
- AIG To Sell Off Rest of AIA Stake, Raise $6.5 Billion: SourcesDecember 17, 2012American International Group
Inc may raise as much as $6.5 billion from the sale of its
remaining stake in AIA Group Ltd in Asia's second-largest block
sale ever, exiting a business the U.S. insurer started nearly
100 years ago.
- U.S. Treasury to Sell Remaining AIG Shares for $7.6 BillionDecember 11, 2012The U.S. Treasury's sale of its remaining
stake in American International Group Inc will fetch
$7.6 billion, bringing the government a total profit of $22.7
billion from its crisis-era bailout of the insurer.
- New Chief Underwriter for AIG Global ConsumerDecember 05, 2012Kim Garland had headed up the company's United Guaranty subsidiary.
- AIG to Bid on Chinese State-Owned InsurerNovember 21, 2012Chinese state-owned insurer
PICC Group has secured pledges from American International Group
(AIG) and other investors to buy about half of its up to
$3.6 billion IPO, set to be the biggest in Hong Kong in two
- China PICC in Talks With AIG as Buyer for $4b Hong Kong IPONovember 15, 2012China's PICC Group is in talks
with American International Group Inc and others to
become cornerstone investors for its planned listing worth up to
$4 billion, in what will be Hong Kong's biggest IPO in two
- Bring It On: With Eye on the Future, AIG Returns Core Insurance Operations to AIG BrandNovember 12, 2012With eye on the future, AIG returns core insurance operations to AIG brand; "AIG as a global insurance brand is back," declares president and CEO Robert Benmosche, in explaining new branding and "brand promise" strategy.
- Learning from XL and AIG: How to Become an Analytical CompetitorOctober 26, 2012Leading companies are instituting enterprise analytic practices, but that's just the beginning of the journey to developing the ability to compete on data analytics.
- Elite 8 2012: Sal Abano Leads Tower IT Team To GrowthOctober 18, 2012CIO Sal Abano has drawn on a 26-year military career, including his experience as the U.S. Army's regional CTO in Iraq, in applying a team leadership approach in IT to support Tower Group Companies' growth. By Anthony O'Donnell