- Aetna's Accountable Care Chief: Tough Transition AheadMarch 19, 2014Online integration in industries like banking is "just math" compared to what healthcare has to do, says Aetna's accountable care leader, Charles Kennedy.
- Sun Life Names Aetna Vet President of U.S. Business GroupFebruary 20, 2014The new president will join Sun Life in March and assume leadership on April 1, 2014.
- Aetna Turbocharges Virtual Desktop InitiativeJanuary 31, 2014Faced with offshoring its virtual desktop infrastructure to achieve necessary gains, Aetna takes a multi-prong approach to keep the platform in-house.
- Aetna Focuses On Employee Health With Online LearningJanuary 24, 2014Aetna’s online programs for mental and physical heath prove to reduce healthcare costs and boost employee productivity.
- Aetna to Acquire EMEA InsurerNovember 25, 2013The company wants to increase its footprint in private medical insurance abroad.
- Aetna Launches Patient-Centered Medical Home InitiativeNovember 15, 2013Decision-support tool Eviti is used in a plan that aims to improve cancer treatment coordination while reducing patient costs.
- Interview: Aetna's Innovation Leader Talks Tech's Potential to Improve Health OutcomesNovember 07, 2013Michael Palmer, the leader of Aetna's innovation labs, has a goal of helping integrate tech into clinical environments.
- Aetna Pilots Predictive Analytics to Manage Metabolic Syndrome RiskOctober 11, 2013The company's Innovation Labs developed the initiative with several technology partners.
- Aetna Appoints New Lead for Group InsuranceOctober 10, 2013Aetna has announced Sandra Callahan as the head of group insurance.
- 4 Call Center Imperatives for InsurersJuly 19, 2013Customer expectations for a consistent, interactive and real-time experience across all channels, including the call center, are rising. What must insurers do to meet these expectations?
- Aetna Names J.P. Morgan Vet New CISOMay 16, 2013James Routh has joined Aetna as chief information security officer responsible for the overall program around the health insurer's information assets.
- As Telecommuting Debate Rages, Aetna Sticks by Big At-Home WorkforceMarch 01, 2013Of the insurer's 35,000 employees, 14,500 do not
have a desk at the home office, a move that the company's top executives, CEO Mark Bertolini and national business chief Joseph Zubretsky, have said helps cut costs in real estate.
- Aetna Launches Document Capture App for International ClaimsFebruary 25, 2013The app allows insureds to upload pictures of their documents.
- Aetna Names New Leader for Health Information Exchange Division MedicityFebruary 15, 2013Nancy Ham has experience in health insurance analytics.
- Aetna Joins Payer Trend Toward Embracing Clinical Big Data, AnalyticsSeptember 26, 2012The insurer has partnered with GNS Healthcare to identify members at risk for metabolic syndrome.
- Aetna to Buy Coventry for More Than $5 Billion, Expanding Medicare/Medicaid BusinessAugust 20, 2012Health insurer Aetna Inc
said on Monday that it would buy rival Coventry Health Care Inc
for $5.6 billion to increase its share of the
fast-growing, U.S. government-backed Medicare and Medicaid
- Health Insurers' Online Tools Give Consumers Purchasing CloutJune 20, 2012United Healthcare and Aetna empower customers with online tools that estimate the cost and quality of medical care.
- Aetna Selects Kony to Revamp Mobile AppMay 14, 2012The new platform allowed the health insurer to add capabilities.
- Aetna, McKesson Partner on Automated Payment PlatformMarch 21, 2012The companies have implemented a bundled payment model with a California orthopedic provider.
- Two Health Insurers Make Mobile EnhancementsMarch 06, 2012Aetna has added to its iTriage app, while Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina has created a mobile version of its website.