- Tornado Relief: Insurers Head WestNovember 22, 2013Three insurers deployed web-enabled vehicles with additional devices in an effort to relieve tornado victims quickly and efficiently.
- Consumer Tech Gives Small Businesses Big ShouldersNovember 20, 2013When my furnace guy treats me the way a tech-savvy enterprise would, I know the world has changed.
- Allstate's Suren Gupta Adds Seats To The TableOctober 30, 2013The EVP of technology and operations has revamped the company's IT strategy to facilitate greater customer lifetime value.
- The Most Innovative Insurer Customer ExperiencesOctober 18, 2013SMA has identified 10 insurer initiatives that it says represents the cream of the crop for insurance customer experience.
- Allstate Dives Into Mobile Claims PhotosSeptember 24, 2013The insurer's new QuickFoto Claims capability is available in 10 states.
- What Big Data Means For Infrastructure CostsApril 24, 2013Most insurance companies have at least one big data effort under way, if not more. The cloud can help meet those needs without breaking the bank.
- Allstate Introduces App for Usage-Based InsuranceApril 15, 2013The Drivewise app provides feedback based on data collected by the program's plug-in device.
- The Top 5 Insurers for Customer ExperienceMarch 18, 2013According to customer experience analyst Bruce Temkin's research, insurers rank seventh out of 19 industries in overall customer satisfaction.
- Mobile: The Road Ahead for InsurersFebruary 26, 2013The insurance industry has begun to provide relevant mobile capabilities to customers and distributors, but carriers must develop strategies of engagement beyond mobile that embrace the data processing implications of 'the Internet of things.'
- Allstate Says 95% of Sandy Claims Settled, but Rate Hikes LikelyFebruary 07, 2013Allstate Corp's quarterly profit
fell 45 percent on losses from superstorm Sandy, but the home
and auto insurer said it has paid out about 95 percent of Sandy
claims and is seeing rate increases across businesses.
- 5 Insurance Ads That Score This NFL SeasonJanuary 25, 2013Insurance is a heavily advertised product, and professional football is notorious for its commercial breaks. Those two factors combine for some inescapable insurance commercials.
- Insurers' Performance On Sandy Claims: Good News And Bad NewsJanuary 18, 2013Insurers' claims systems appear to have been up to the challenge of handling Superstorm Sandy claims. The same can't always be said for the industry's leadership and communication, however.
- Allstate Won't Apply Hurricane Deductibles for Sandy VictimsNovember 06, 2012Allstate and Allstate New Jersey say tropical cyclone and hurricane deductibles on property policies will not be applied for Northeast and several Mid-Atlantic states affected by last week's superstorm.
- Insurers Deserve More Credit for InnovationSeptember 14, 2012It's a familiar refrain that insurance companies lag behind other industries when it comes to embracing new technologies. Here's why that's an inaccurate, outdated concept.
- Allstate Names Former Ally, BOA Exec New CMOAugust 23, 2012The insurer spotlighted Sanjay Gupta's analytics and e-commerce experience in making the hire.
- Esurance Manages Its Policy Admin System With Customers In MindAugust 07, 2012From the beginning of the company, Esurance has designed its policy system to facilitate the best customer experience possible, VP Lisa Ward says.
- How GAINSCO Combats FraudAugust 03, 2012Fraud is a persistent problem for insurers, but the tools to fight it are gaining sophistication as well.
- Allstate Crowdsources to Test Usage-Based Insurance ProductJuly 25, 2012Allstate crowdsources to test usage-based insurance product; employee, agency owner testing of Drive Wise product will provide telematics feedback about driving habits.
- What Android Winds of Change Could Mean For InsurersJune 08, 2012The mobile operating system has been gaining market share steadily, but does that mean insurers should start focusing development there?
- Allstate Selects Marketing Tech from SIM PartnersJune 08, 2012SIM Partners will manage data distribution and optimization for the carrier's agents, and provide a content management system and reporting for agents' websites.