- RIM Changes Name to Blackberry, Hoping For Fresh StartJanuary 30, 2013Research In Motion Ltd
is changing its name to BlackBerry, the company
announced on Wednesday, in move to refresh its tarnished image
as it begins marketing a reengineered line of BlackBerry 10
- New BlackBerrys Coming Jan. 30: RIMNovember 12, 2012Research In Motion Ltd
plans to introduce its new line of BlackBerry 10 smartphones on
Jan. 30, the company said on Monday, giving investors a measure
of confidence that the long-awaited devices are nearing
- Five Bad Arguments for Bring-Your-Own-DeviceSeptember 05, 2012BYOD advocates offer compelling reasons to adopt the policy within the insurance enterprise, but CEB TowerGroup research director Jason Malo says that none of the arguments hold up.
- Insurers See Clouds on the HorizonJuly 23, 2012Cloud computing, SaaS and hosted solutions are expanding insurers’ outsourcing options and promise to help companies be more agile, competitive and cost-effective.
- Q&A: Great-West Life Crafts Mobile Service Solutions for Group Benefit Customers and Plan MembersMay 24, 2012Brad Fedorchuk, VP, Group Marketing, talks about the opportunities and challenges of mobility, and how Great-West Life has created a strategy to complement its existing online and and call center capabilities.
- Sun Life Partners with Kony on Claims Mobile AppNovember 29, 2011The app lets group benefits, retirement and savings plan members submit benefit claims check plan balances on iPhone or BlackBerry.
- CSC Unveils Role-Based Mobile Insurance ApplicationsMay 24, 20112Work Apps for Tablets address needs of claims adjusters, brokers and agents.
- Insurers Arm Agents With iPad AppsMay 05, 2011Apple's sleek tablet has changed technology users' expectations forever, and insurance agents and producers increasingly are using their iPads to close the deal.
- RIM CEOs Decide Best Defense is Good OffenseApril 11, 2011Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis vigorously defended their company to the New York Times, but they can't hide from the challenges it faces in the hyper-competitive enterprise mobile space.
- AXA Equitable Launches BlackBerry AppsApril 07, 2011The company's refers to the Retirement Income and Life Insurance interactive calculator applications as "Super Apps."
- Aetna Using Mobile and Social to Reach College StudentsMarch 30, 2011The carrier's Student Health initiative is designed to help college students make healthy choices while in school.
- The Next Platform War: Enterprise MobileJanuary 26, 2011While Apple and Google wrestle for the consumer market, a side battle is being waged in the business market between Apple and Research In Motion.
- Amica Goes Live with Android, BlackBerry AppJanuary 25, 2011The carrier released an iPhone app in November.
- Insurers' Mobile Platform WarsDecember 15, 2010Consumer adoption of various smartphone brands is forcing insurance carriers to devise strategies for developing mobile apps for multiple operating systems -- or choose one and hope it comes out on top.
- GEICO Brings GloveBox to BlackBerryDecember 14, 2010Following its release last week on Microsoft's Windows Phone 7, the auto carrier's flagship mobile app is now available on all major smartphone platforms.
- First American Title Insurance Expands Agent App to BlackBerry, AndroidSeptember 08, 2010The AgentFirst application had been available for iPhones since April.
- Hyland Aims to Bridge Online/Offline Worlds with OnBase 9.2March 11, 2010Enhancements to the enterprise content management suite include a "full-featured" offline client, Mobile Workflow for BlackBerry and workflow integration with Microsoft Outlook.
- Travelers Launches Free Mobile Apps for Accident Assistance, ClaimsMarch 08, 2010Travelers customers can begin the claim reporting process directly through an iPhone app or by accessing the Travelers mobile Web site through their BlackBerry.
- USAA Teams With VeriSign to Deploy Improved Mobile Log-onMarch 03, 2010Instead of a three-step process of submitting username, password and PIN, members can now access their accounts through a secure four-digit PIN, making the log-on process simpler and safer, according to USAA.
- American Family Insurance Unveils Mobile AppsOctober 01, 2009American Family Insurance has launched a series of new mobile applications designed for the Apple iPhone and BlackBerry Storm.