- Bundling Discounts Improve Homeowners Insurance Satisfaction, but Claim Costs Rise for InsurersSeptember 27, 2012Though consumers report high satisfaction with insurance carriers that allow them to bundle their homeowners coverage -- and save money on their premium -- other industry research finds more claims losses in the line of business.
- Not Everyone is Happy with Hardening P&C MarketDecember 02, 2011Higher premiums are needed after a big year for losses, but consumers are going to push back.
- Not Going Quietly: More Tornadoes Hit US SouthNovember 17, 2011Several states were hit in an outbreak mirroring one at the beginning of tornado season.
- Labor Day Weekend Catastrophe RoundupSeptember 06, 2011An active year for catastrophe events didn't take any time off for the holiday weekend.
- Fireman’s Fund Introduces Text Messaging AlertsJuly 21, 2011The company, which also released a mobile claims application, will text policyholders updates during disasters.
- La Nina to Blame for Active Tornado Season?May 24, 2011The record-breaking year for tornadoes has many people searching for answers.
- Roundup: Losses from April U.S. StormsMay 20, 2011Some insurers have released estimates of the costs they expect to incur from claims related to the tornado outbreak.
- Heeding the Lessons of Katrina, Insurance Companies — and Other Institutions — Improve Catastrophe ResponseSeptember 01, 2008The responses to Hurricanes Fay and Gustav not only of insurers, but also of the media and political establishments, shows that much has been learned in the three years since Hurricane Katrina. But are carriers as insightful about the symbolic implications
- Insurance Customers’ Perceptions of Experience, Performance Really Matters -- for Better and for WorseJuly 11, 2008Property/casualty insurers rank relatively high on Forrester Research's fifth annual consumer advocacy scorecard, but carriers should be concerned about consumers' perceptions of financial institutions' customer advocacy.
- What Could Prevent the Property/Casualty Industry from Continuing Its Strong Performance?January 10, 2008Thanks to a relatively mild year, catastrophe-wise, as well efficient operations and astute underwriting practices, the property/casualty insurance industry posted a healthy combined ratio and an underwriting profit in 2007. Does the industry have the disc
- Public Partnerships Critical For Insurers in Catastrophe-prone RegionsNovember 19, 2007Creating public/private financial partnerships is a critical step in stabilizing property insurance markets in catastrophe-prone regions of the U.S.
- An Eye on the FutureJanuary 05, 2007Industry association executives speculate on the most important issues and challenges facing the insurance industry in 2007.
- NEWS BRIEFSMarch 20, 2002Great American Insurance revamps Bond Division site; Farmers Insurance's Farmers FastQuote launches this week ; Certified Professional Insurance Agents Society recognizes Selective Insurance Group as 2002 "Company Partner of the Year"...
- CDS/EQECAT Alliance Targets UnderwritersOctober 10, 2001An alliance has been announced between CDS Business Mapping,
provider of RiskMeter.com, a Web-based online property lookup
source for underwriters, and EQECAT, a catastrophe risk management software provider.