- Insurance M&A Spikes This Year, Fullfilling PredictionsFebruary 28, 2014Global insurers’ predictions for increased M&A activity throughout 2014 are proving accurate with several deals already completed.
- CNA Sells Life & Group Subsidiary to Wilton ReFebruary 10, 2014CNA has agreed to sell the Continental Assurance Company to a Wilton Re subsidiary.
- Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Buys Telematics and Travel Operations CompanyJanuary 27, 2014With long-term strategy and customer service in mind, BHSI agrees to purchase Noel Group’s telematics-based MyAssist Inc. and Insure America LLC.
- Insurance M&A Jumped 16% In 2013: Berkery NoyesJanuary 23, 2014The growing focus on core systems modernization and industry consolidation will drive M&A activity through 2014.
- 2014 Insurance industry Outlook: 5 PredictionsDecember 16, 20132014 is going to be a year of business growth for many insurers -- here's why.
- Three-Quarters of Global Insurers Expect M&A Increase: SurveyNovember 27, 2013An industry-wide focus on diversification is expected to boost M&A transactions through 2014, according to Towers Watson.
- 3 Areas of Focus for Growth-Minded InsurersNovember 07, 2013Builders Mutual's CIO Graeme Boddy, a 2012 Elite 8 honoree, reveals steps his IT organization is taking to help his company grow from a small carrier to a bigger regional player.
- Sun Life Completes Sale of U.S. Annuity BusinessAugust 02, 2013Delaware Life Holdings takes on the line while Sun Life focuses on benefits business in the U.S.
- Enstar Group Acquiring Torus Insurance Holdings in $692 Million DealJuly 09, 2013Torus' Dermot O'Donohoe adds Group CEO responsibilities to current role as Chief Executive, Torus International.
- Travelers Acquires Dominion of CanadaJune 10, 2013The $1.1 billion transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of this year.
- Ebix Acquired by Goldman Sachs AffiliateMay 01, 2013The Atlanta-based company provides e-commerce software to insurers.
- Protective Life Favored to Buy AXA US Insurance Assets: SourcesMarch 27, 2013U.S. insurer Protective Life
Insurance is the leading candidate to buy some of AXA
SA's U.S. life insurance assets in a deal that could be
valued at around $1 billion, according to two people familiar
with the situation.
- SAP Acquires Insurance Product Development Engine CamilionMarch 07, 2013SAP says the value added to its insurance software portfolio is in providing an end-to-end suite backed by its in-memory computing capabilities.
- Goldman Sachs to Sell Stake in Reinsurance GroupJanuary 16, 2013Goldman Sachs Group is
seeking a buyer for a majority stake of its $1.4 billion
reinsurance group, according to a copy of its January
presentation to potential buyers that was viewed by Reuters.
- 11 Answers to 2012's Burning QuestionsDecember 14, 2012Last year we identified 11 questions we expected to be answered by the insurance technology industry in 2012. How much clarity did we get?
- Prudential Buys The Hartford's Life UnitSeptember 28, 2012The Hartford has been working to divest itself of its life insurance operations this year.
- Donegal Insurance’s 7 Keys to Successful AcquisitionsSeptember 18, 2012Donegal Insurance Group CIO Sanjay Pandey shares seven guidelines that have emerged from the company’s successful technology integration of four new companies acquired during the last four years.
- Report: Prudential Emerges as Leader in Hartford Life BiddingAugust 20, 2012Sources told Bloomberg News that Pru could pay as much as $1 billion for The Hartford's life insurance unit.
- Aetna to Buy Coventry for More Than $5 Billion, Expanding Medicare/Medicaid BusinessAugust 20, 2012Health insurer Aetna Inc
said on Monday that it would buy rival Coventry Health Care Inc
for $5.6 billion to increase its share of the
fast-growing, U.S. government-backed Medicare and Medicaid
- How To Survive A Merger: 6 Tips For ITAugust 03, 2012Corporate mergers and acquisitions are inherently stressful, but they don't have to result in employee exodus and jumbled systems. Here's the right way to unite IT forces.