- Guardian Finalizes Premier Access AcquisitionAugust 04, 2014The purchase diversifies Guardian’s dental network and expands its reach into Medicaid and individual exchange markets.
- Sapiens Acquires KPI for Decision ManagementJuly 30, 2014Its investment will enable the enhancement of Sapiens’ end-to-end decision management solution.
- Xchanging Acquires Agencyport EuropeJuly 07, 2014The $110m deal is Xchanging’s second tech acquisition for July 2014 and its fourth since November 2012.
- Consumers Insurance Acquired by Motorists MutualMay 13, 2014This is the latest in a series of mergers that have affected the industry this year.
- Insurance M&A Spikes This Year, Fullfilling PredictionsFebruary 28, 2014Global insurers’ predictions for increased M&A activity throughout 2014 are proving accurate with several deals already completed.
- CNA Sells Life & Group Subsidiary to Wilton ReFebruary 10, 2014CNA has agreed to sell the Continental Assurance Company to a Wilton Re subsidiary.
- Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Buys Telematics and Travel Operations CompanyJanuary 27, 2014With long-term strategy and customer service in mind, BHSI agrees to purchase Noel Group’s telematics-based MyAssist Inc. and Insure America LLC.
- Insurance M&A Jumped 16% In 2013: Berkery NoyesJanuary 23, 2014The growing focus on core systems modernization and industry consolidation will drive M&A activity through 2014.
- 2014 Insurance industry Outlook: 5 PredictionsDecember 16, 20132014 is going to be a year of business growth for many insurers -- here's why.
- Three-Quarters of Global Insurers Expect M&A Increase: SurveyNovember 27, 2013An industry-wide focus on diversification is expected to boost M&A transactions through 2014, according to Towers Watson.
- 3 Areas of Focus for Growth-Minded InsurersNovember 07, 2013Builders Mutual's CIO Graeme Boddy, a 2012 Elite 8 honoree, reveals steps his IT organization is taking to help his company grow from a small carrier to a bigger regional player.
- Sun Life Completes Sale of U.S. Annuity BusinessAugust 02, 2013Delaware Life Holdings takes on the line while Sun Life focuses on benefits business in the U.S.
- Enstar Group Acquiring Torus Insurance Holdings in $692 Million DealJuly 09, 2013Torus' Dermot O'Donohoe adds Group CEO responsibilities to current role as Chief Executive, Torus International.
- Travelers Acquires Dominion of CanadaJune 10, 2013The $1.1 billion transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of this year.
- Ebix Acquired by Goldman Sachs AffiliateMay 01, 2013The Atlanta-based company provides e-commerce software to insurers.
- Protective Life Favored to Buy AXA US Insurance Assets: SourcesMarch 27, 2013U.S. insurer Protective Life
Insurance is the leading candidate to buy some of AXA
SA's U.S. life insurance assets in a deal that could be
valued at around $1 billion, according to two people familiar
with the situation.
- SAP Acquires Insurance Product Development Engine CamilionMarch 07, 2013SAP says the value added to its insurance software portfolio is in providing an end-to-end suite backed by its in-memory computing capabilities.
- Goldman Sachs to Sell Stake in Reinsurance GroupJanuary 16, 2013Goldman Sachs Group is
seeking a buyer for a majority stake of its $1.4 billion
reinsurance group, according to a copy of its January
presentation to potential buyers that was viewed by Reuters.
- 11 Answers to 2012's Burning QuestionsDecember 14, 2012Last year we identified 11 questions we expected to be answered by the insurance technology industry in 2012. How much clarity did we get?
- Prudential Buys The Hartford's Life UnitSeptember 28, 2012The Hartford has been working to divest itself of its life insurance operations this year.