- Elite 8 2012: Brian LeClaire Is On A Data-Driven Healthcare MissionOctober 16, 2012Humana's Brian LeClaire leads an organization deeply invested in leveraging the power of big data and advanced analytics to improve healthcare outcomes.
- Aetna to Buy Coventry for More Than $5 Billion, Expanding Medicare/Medicaid BusinessAugust 20, 2012Health insurer Aetna Inc
said on Monday that it would buy rival Coventry Health Care Inc
for $5.6 billion to increase its share of the
fast-growing, U.S. government-backed Medicare and Medicaid
- TriZetto Debuts Version 5.0 of Its Enterprise SystemFebruary 23, 2012Enhancements have been designed to meet the exigencies resulting from new regulatory requirements, such as ICD-10, and changes in Medicare and Medicaid, as well as a growing retail market, according to the vendor.
- Independence Blue Cross Selects Medicare Analytics ProviderFebruary 15, 2012MedAssurant will help identify and address potential gaps in care and strengthen care coordination for the insurer's Medicare Advantage members.
- Coventry Launches iPad Enrollment Platform from DRXFebruary 08, 2012The health insurer's Medicare sales agents used the iPad Mobile Field Enrollment app.
- Humana Creates Social Network for Older PolicyholdersJuly 14, 2011Humanaville.com takes advantage of increased use of online channels by older consumers.
- WellMed Goes Live With ikaClaims and ikaMedicareGatewayJanuary 12, 2011The carrier reports that the system's scalability has helped it grow its business while keeping costs down.
- UCare Selects IkaSystems for Medicare EnrollmentNovember 24, 2010The carrier reports reduced administration costs two months after deployment.
- WellCare Taps IkaSystems for Medicare EnrollmentNovember 19, 2010The cloud-based ikaMedicareGateway will help automate data exchanges, new member applications and plan changes.
- Feds Bust Medicare ID Theft RingOctober 19, 2010I&T's sister site Dark Reading has a story today on a healthcare fraud ring that stole doctor
- Anthem Opens Online Store For Medicare PlansOctober 08, 2010Targeting baby boomers, the carrier offers on the Web site "quick quotes" and information on Medicare plans.
- HP Snags $200 Million Medicare Claims ContractAugust 16, 2010HP Enterprise Services will provide application services to improve Medicare Part B claims processing, the company said in a statement.
- Martin's Point Licenses TriZetto QNXTJuly 22, 2010The nonprofit health insurer aims to improve administrative efficiency and support growth while sustaining its high levels of member and provider satisfaction, the company says.
- Connecture Partners with MedicareCRMFebruary 11, 2010The partnership will enable Connecture and MedicareCRM to offer customers an integrated solution via a series of real-time integration points between their online software platform.
- FARA Releases Web-Based Medicare Section 111 Compliance SolutionJanuary 14, 2010FARA describes its online MRCE product as a low-cost, reliable means of transmitting Non-Group health plan data to Medicare to comply with MMSEA Section 111 laws regarding Medicare Mandatory Insurer Reporting.
- SummaCare Chooses Burgess Software for Medicare PricingJanuary 07, 2009
- BCBS of SC’s Wiggins Leverages Past Investments for Current SuccessOctober 07, 2008Elite 8 honoree Stephen K. Wiggins, CIO and EVP at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina, credits several past technology investments, such as those involving parallel computing and code generation, for some recent successes.
- Filter Out the Frauds August 26, 2004Health insurers fight back against fake claims with fraud-detection software.
- Taking a New Look at HSAs February 07, 2004Self-service tools support newly authorized health savings accounts
- Father Knows BestFebruary 07, 2004My father is a very diligent, precise, organized and persistent individual, which is why he is so well suited to the volunteer work he has undertaken since his retirement several years ago...