- Insurers Strategize To Improve Cyber Protection In 2014January 16, 2014Insurers see an opportunity in cyber insurance, but must make sure their houses are in order as well.
- One Year After The Unthinkable: Sandy And The Insurance IndustryOctober 29, 2013There's a lot of talk this week about "lessons learned" in the year since Superstorm Sandy struck the Northeast. But has anything really changed?
- MetLife's Manish Bhatt Sets the Cutting Edge of Life InsuranceOctober 25, 2013MetLife’s chief digital officer has a mandate to innovate, and no channel is too obscure to explore.
- MetLife Banks on Microsoft Office for Process EfficiencyOctober 21, 2013The company says that an efficient platform for communication among its global employees will allow it to invest and focus on customer-centricity.
- Interview: MetLife Gets the Big Data Band TogetherOctober 16, 2013The insurer ran an event for its analytics-focused employees and technology partners to build a community around data practices.
- MetLife Vet Named CIO of CNOJuly 02, 2013Bradley Bodell has been hired as SVP and CIO of CNO Financial, after a stint at MetLife.
- MetLife CEO Pushback at SIFI is One Voice Among ManyApril 12, 2013Steven Kandarian's comments at the April 10 Capital Markets Summit harmonize with those of other carriers and industry associations in a rare case of unanimity.
- MetLife Says 2013 Profit Could be Lower Than AnticipatedDecember 13, 2012MetLife Inc, the largest life
insurer in the United States, warned that 2013 earnings might be
well below what Wall Street expects and said it needed to
accelerate its strategic plans amid a persistently low
- MetLife's Aggressive Distribution Strategy Reaches Business MarketNovember 27, 2012Following the company's pilot of individual life insurance "in a box" at Walmarts, the company has released a new selling system aimed at helping agents and brokers more easily identify potential solutions for the business market.
- Walmart's Financial Services Push Includes MetlifeOctober 08, 2012The retailer is selling "life insurance in a box" from the carrier famous for its Snoopy advertising.
- Pan-American Life Completes Acquisition of Some Metlife Caribbean BusinessesAugust 01, 2012Five Caribbean countries out of 15 in that region and Central America have signed off on the larger acquisition.
- How Involved Will Governments Be In Tracking Down Life Beneficiaries?April 24, 2012The controversy over use of the Social Security "death file" has led to New York opening a website on which people can search for lost or forgotten policies.
- How Insurers Are Modernizing the Actuarial EnvironmentApril 12, 2012Market fluctuations, changes in consumer expectations and product designs, and new risk modeling techniques are increasing the pressure on carriers to modernize their approach to the actuarial sciences. What are the requirements of a modern actuarial envi
- Reflections on MetLife's New Data Vendor Management GroupMarch 01, 2012The insurer's creation of the group for the management and governance of contracts and third party vendors shows recognition of new vendor management challenges.
- Why Do Insurance Companies Excel at Developing Women Executives?February 10, 2012Insurance companies and other financial services companies dominate the National Association for Female Executives' 2012 Top 50 Companies for Executive Women ranking. What are insurers doing right for women executives?
- MetLife Tech Head Marty Lippert Takes Over Operations After ReorganizationNovember 21, 2011Lippert, the former CIO of Citi and RBC, joined MetLife in August.
- Life Insurance Companies Face Fight Over Death BenefitsNovember 12, 2011Life insurers face a new data management challenge as state regulators demand that they proactively search for life insurance beneficiaries. But who really benefits?
- Which Insurer Do Customers Trust Most?October 18, 2011The Temkin Group just released the results of its 2011 Trust Ratings, based on a poll of 6,000 U.S. consumers about 143 companies across 12 industries, and readers may be shocked to see an insurer in the number-one spot.
- MetLife Taps Former Citi/RBC Exec to Lead Global TechnologyAugust 22, 2011Martin Lippert will join the insurer as EVP and head of global technology next month.
- With More Insurance M&As, IT Faces Compliance, Integration ChallengesJune 22, 2011Analysts are noticing an increase in M&A activity in the insurance industry, and IT capabilities are not an afterthought.