- Apple's Dominance Of Enterprise Mobility SlipsAugust 13, 2014Android is gaining acceptance in business at the cost of Apple's iOS popularity while Microsoft languishes at the bottom.
- Mobile Microinsurance Emerges in Low-Income CountriesFebruary 20, 2014In an effort to drive customer loyalty, mobile network operators look to low-income countries for microinsurance product deployment.
- Microsoft Names Nadella CEO: What He InheritsFebruary 05, 2014Microsoft's new CEO boasts an impressive track record, faces challenges on a scale that few tech execs have seen.
- MetLife Banks on Microsoft Office for Process EfficiencyOctober 21, 2013The company says that an efficient platform for communication among its global employees will allow it to invest and focus on customer-centricity.
- CUNA Mutual Group Triples Annuity Sales With Gamified Sales PlatformJune 05, 2013The Retirement Radar application has eased the guaranteed income conversation between financial advisers and clients, letting the insurer expand marketing of lifetime annuities beyond its captive distribution force.
- Bring Your Own Service: The Next Wave in Collaboration?May 28, 2013A new Microsoft survey across 32 countries shows worker appetite for social tools is increasing. However, financial services firms may not be prepared to satisfy this appetite.
- A Better Business Case For Big DataMarch 26, 2013Many factors contribute to the continuing difficulty insurers have in making an effective business case for big data investments.
- Gauging The Benefits Of In-Memory Computing For InsuranceMarch 21, 2013SAP has made a splash with its Hana in-memory database technology, but its utility for insurance will depend on carriers' need for speed.
- Microinsurance: Monitoring a Maturing MarketJanuary 31, 2013Microinsurance may cover as many as 1 billion people by 2020, according to the Microinsurance Network, but questions remain as to the potential profitability of the business in a given geography.
- In CAT-Prone Haiti, Microinsurance Gains SteamJanuary 30, 2013When Hurricane
Sandy struck Haiti late last year, the home Guerda Pierre shares
with her three children and mother in Cabaret, north of
Port-au-Prince, was flooded - and so was the merchandise she
sold to make a living.
- BYOD a Strong Contender for Story of the YearDecember 14, 2012Insurers and vendors alike recognize the pressing need to develop solutions for business users on mobile.
- Windows 8: 3 Items for Insurers to WatchDecember 10, 2012Windows 8 offers some attractive features that savvy insurers can take advantage of, including telematics, portability and legacy support.
- Generali Deutschland prepares for Solvency II with ERM platformDecember 07, 2012Generali Deutschland prepares to meet new regulatory mandates by centralizing and streamlining actuarial functions with SunGard’s iWorks ERM Platform.
- Making Your Mainframe Work Smarter, Not HarderNovember 27, 2012Rather than rip-and-replace, optimize your mainframe MIPS for key applications and understanding where you can redeploy MIPS-heavy workloads to alternative, more cost-effective platforms without introducing significant risk.
- Reviews: Microsoft Surface RT Long on Promise, Short on Early ResultsOctober 25, 2012Insurers looking for a more content-creation-friendly tablet than Apple's iPad may have eyed Microsoft's Surface. However, early reviews indicate there's still work to be done before it's a true enterprise-ready device.
- Nokia Lumia 920 Slated For November ReleaseSeptember 07, 2012Nokia's new Lumia smartphones probably won't be available until well after Apple's iPhone 5 hits the street.
- Innovation Group Enhances Insurer Analytics SolutionAugust 07, 2012What the vendor calls major enhancements to an already robust data master solution, include policy analysis, advanced analytics, data set visualization, dashboard manipulation and auditability for ETL.
- Gain Big Savings from Big VendorsDecember 13, 2011As insurers undertake much-needed modernization efforts, they must optimize investments in their largest vendors to avoid the pitfalls of overspending.
- What Has Changed in Insurance in 10 Years?September 09, 2011The financial services industry survived, and has even thrived, in the 10 years after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Technology played a key role in the industry’s recovery, as well as helping drive changes that came out of the insurance industry’
- MiCRO Demonstrates Viability of Parametric Underwriting for Microinsurance CoverageJuly 11, 2011Swiss Re released about $1 million to clients of Haitian microfinance institution Fonkoze based on publicly available data rather than infrastructure-intensive individual claims.