- Smaller Insurers Boost Customer Satisfaction in P&C: StudyDecember 10, 2013ACSI study also shows improvement among health and life insurers, but there is room for improvement.
- Coverys Chooses Accenture Software for Core SystemsDecember 04, 2013The insurer plans to use Accenture Duck Creek Suite to improve product development and customer service.
- Majority of Underwriters Face Efficiency Challenges: SurveyNovember 22, 2013Four out of five underwriters spend less than half of their time on underwriting due to processing inefficiencies.
- P&C Insurers Expand Social Media Efforts: StudyNovember 19, 2013In 2013, P&C firms improved social media strategies with blog posts, videos, conversation starters, and other brand-strengthening efforts.
- Horace Mann Restructures to Spur Product DevelopmentNovember 04, 2013The company has appointed a new head of its P&C business as well as an SVP for personal lines.
- P&C Insurer CFOs See Rates StabilizingOctober 22, 2013Rates strengthen but most insurers believe reserve redundancies will continue for at least a year, while technology expenses were identified as a top challenge.
- Process Optimization: P&C Insurers Must Work Backwards to Move ForwardsSeptember 30, 2013P&C carriers can gain immediate benefits from process optimization, including increased productivity and capacity, along with improved cost control and risk management.
- 3 Technologies Changing P&C Insurance DistributionJune 10, 2013The P&C industry is incredibly competitive, with companies big and small fighting for market share. Here are some of the technologies they're using to help differentiate their sales processes.
- Capital Insurance Goes Native for Mobile ExperienceMay 20, 2013The regional P&C insurer has released an app for iPhone and Android platforms.
- Trends to Watch at ACORD LOMA 2013May 03, 2013Insurance & Technology reached out to attendees of the upcoming 2013 ACORD LOMA Insurance Systems Forum, the first of this spring's trade shows, to find out what they will be on the lookout for in Las Vegas.
- How Big Data Opens Up More Product Options to InsurersMarch 27, 2013In a world where some consumers are as curious about their own data as insurers are, carriers can use their analytical experience to tailor products to that need.
- Mobile: The Road Ahead for InsurersFebruary 26, 2013The insurance industry has begun to provide relevant mobile capabilities to customers and distributors, but carriers must develop strategies of engagement beyond mobile that embrace the data processing implications of 'the Internet of things.'
- Sandy Dominates Conversation at P&C Industry ForumJanuary 16, 2013Both industry observers and industry participants spent a lot of time discussing Hurricane Sandy at this year's Insurance Information Institute Property/Casualty Joint Industry Forum.
- Deloitte: Direct Sales A 2013 Priority for Life, P&CJanuary 11, 2013Among the items that appeared on the consultancy's 2013 priority lists, direct sales was one of a couple that life and P&C insurers share.
- UK Also Grapples with Wisdom of Government Flood InsuranceNovember 28, 2012In the wake of devastating flooding in England and Wales, the UK government is considering what it should do to insure losses.
- Kemper Names New Leader of P&C BusinessNovember 28, 2012Denise Lynch ran a unit within the Kemper division before taking over the whole thing.
- China PICC in Talks With AIG as Buyer for $4b Hong Kong IPONovember 15, 2012China's PICC Group is in talks
with American International Group Inc and others to
become cornerstone investors for its planned listing worth up to
$4 billion, in what will be Hong Kong's biggest IPO in two
- Is Climate Change Altering Insurers' Hurricane Risk?October 26, 2012Hurricanes Irene and Sandy -- not to mention the "Frankenstorm" into which Sandy might develop -- are clear indicators that it's not just Florida at risk for major hurricane damage anymore.
- Favorable Pricing, Weather Send Travelers to Record ProfitOctober 18, 2012Travelers posted a record
quarterly operating profit as prices rose and losses from
natural disasters fell sharply, the property insurance company
said on Thursday.
- Elite 8 2012: Sal Abano Leads Tower IT Team To GrowthOctober 18, 2012CIO Sal Abano has drawn on a 26-year military career, including his experience as the U.S. Army's regional CTO in Iraq, in applying a team leadership approach in IT to support Tower Group Companies' growth. By Anthony O'Donnell