- Cybersecurity Management: What to Know for 2014November 25, 2013After an 18% increase in data security losses in 2013, here's three ways insurers can improve their practices.
- 5 Keys To Countering Claims FraudAugust 16, 2013Proactive use of analytics, more sophisticated Special Investigation Units and cross-industry cooperation are among the essential strategies to help insurers stay ahead of the fraudsters.
- Primerica Makes Database Admin Easy on the EyesAugust 02, 2013The life insurer is using CA Chorus to give database administrators and other IT staff a better view into SQL.
- RIM Changes Name to Blackberry, Hoping For Fresh StartJanuary 30, 2013Research In Motion Ltd
is changing its name to BlackBerry, the company
announced on Wednesday, in move to refresh its tarnished image
as it begins marketing a reengineered line of BlackBerry 10
- New BlackBerrys Coming Jan. 30: RIMNovember 12, 2012Research In Motion Ltd
plans to introduce its new line of BlackBerry 10 smartphones on
Jan. 30, the company said on Monday, giving investors a measure
of confidence that the long-awaited devices are nearing
- Primerica Taps IBM for Social Collaboration SoftwareSeptember 12, 2012The company believes IBM offerings will help its agents improve the customer experience with better back-end connections.
- Delivering Mobile Business Intelligence for Insurance AgentsMay 31, 2012Primerica extends business intelligence to its distribution force using MeLLmo’s Roambi presentation layer solution for mobile devices.
- Cultural Factors Key Challenge for Risk Management Implementation in Emerging Markets: Aon Risk Maturity IndexApril 16, 2012Cultural factors key challenge for risk management implementation in emerging markets: Aon Risk Maturity Index
- Travelers Enhances Risk Management Suite with New Risk Analyzer DashboardApril 16, 2012Travelers enhances risk management suite with new Risk Analyzer Dashboard, unveiled at RIMS 2012, designed to help customers more efficiently analyze loss trends.
- Accenture's Insurance Technology Trends for 2012, Part IDecember 08, 2011John Del Santo, managing director of Accenture's global insurance practice discusses four of eight technology trends for 2012: data as a platform, analytics for insight and efficiency, cloud computing for adding value, and service-centric rather than serve
- Andover Companies Sees Quick Delivery through SaaS Delivery of iPartners Insurance ScorecardNovember 02, 2011The Massachusetts-based holding company, which does business as Merrimack Mutual, Cambridge Mutual, and Bay State, tapped iPartners for quality of its product, and the company's extensive P&C insurance expertise and specific knowledge of the company's own
- How Tablets Could Reshape the Insurance EnterpriseOctober 21, 2011The real differentiator in the long term for the tablet platform will be its business applicability for the enterprise. Insurers already spot an opportunity.
- Insurance Fraud Fighters Accused of "Snooping" on Facebook AccountsOctober 14, 2011Insurers need to navigate privacy and public relations problems when examining newly available data sources for fraud, and on a practical level they need to discard manual approaches for Big Data-style automated analysis.
- Primerica to Offer Agents Analytics Via Mobile AppSeptember 07, 2011The company will implement Roambi Analytics so that its sales force can get IBM Cognos reports on iOS devices.
- Insurers Arm Agents With iPad AppsMay 05, 2011Apple's sleek tablet has changed technology users' expectations forever, and insurance agents and producers increasingly are using their iPads to close the deal.
- Apple Can Learn From PlayBook's Poor ReviewsApril 15, 2011With tablets eating into the PC market, it may be time to treat them as more than just media consumption devices, and enable them with the capabilities to perform standard computing tasks on their own to spur enterprise adoption.
- RIM CEOs Decide Best Defense is Good OffenseApril 11, 2011Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis vigorously defended their company to the New York Times, but they can't hide from the challenges it faces in the hyper-competitive enterprise mobile space.
- Sun Life Claims First App for RIM PlayBookFebruary 18, 2011The life carrier says that its group pension plan enrollment app was the first created for the tablet computer.
- Insurers' Mobile Platform WarsDecember 15, 2010Consumer adoption of various smartphone brands is forcing insurance carriers to devise strategies for developing mobile apps for multiple operating systems -- or choose one and hope it comes out on top.
- Prima Releases Reinsurace Application Built On ACORD Information ModelNovember 03, 2010Prima and ACORD confirm in a statement that this is the first commercially available insurance application entirely built using the ACORD Information Model.