- Insurers In Tough Battle For SMAC TalentMay 21, 2014More than one-third of insurance IT pros are looking for new jobs, according to the 2014 InformationWeek Analytics IT Salary Survey.
- Sandy a 'Missed Opportunity' for Better Regulation: Deloitte's MillsOctober 29, 2013The former New York insurance superintendent says there are steps Congress can take to make it easier for insurers to address future catastrophes.
- Why Regulators Want Insurance Telematics to SucceedSeptember 05, 2013An NAIC representative says that from a regulatory perspective, there's one clear reason why usage-based insurance is better for consumers.
- Health Insurers Having a Ball with Reform: 4 ExamplesAugust 23, 2013Some health insurance companies are betting that games will help their policyholders better understand healthcare reform.
- Insurers' Top Compliance Priorities: Dealing With State Regulations, Preventing Data BreachesJuly 18, 2013Demonstrating compliance effectiveness and complying with federal regulations are other top priorities, according to annual SAI Global Compliance Study.
- WellPoint Pays HHS $1.7 Million for Data BreachJuly 11, 2013The payment settles potential HIPAA violations related to a 2009 data breach.
- Computer Glitch Spares Smokers from Higher Insurance RatesJuly 10, 2013Though insurers may charge smokers a certain penalty under the Affordable Care Act, a software issue has cropped up that will delay the implementation of that penalty.
- USAA is Progressive's First Usage-Based Insurance LicenseeJune 28, 2013The companies announced today a usage-based insurance licensing agreement that will run for the next decade.
- 4 Key Takeaways from This Week's Insurance Technology ResearchJune 28, 2013It was a big week for surveys of insurance technologists. Here are some of the most interesting insights researchers gleaned, including e-commerce’s ascendance and regulatory concerns.
- Regulation Driving Big Tech Changes at Insurance Companies: StudiesJune 26, 2013New research out today from Towers Watson and State Street indicates that regulatory compliance is --directly and indirectly -- shaping insurance companies' IT strategies.
- DTCC Leverages Carrier, Vendor Data in Producer Training TrackerJune 21, 2013The Producer Management Portal allows carriers and distributors to effectively share, track and verify state-mandated annuity training completions by producers.
- Insurers Still Waiting for Regulatory Modernization ReportJune 13, 2013Yesterday's release of an informational report by the Federal Insurance Office was a nice start, but for people in the insurance industry, only increases the hunger for the main event.
- What Kinds of Regulatory Compliance Tech are on Insurers' Agenda?June 12, 2013Insurance companies are investing in technology to help them manage compliance -- but not all solutions are created equal.
- 4 Key Issues from the Long-Delayed FIO ReportJune 12, 2013The Federal Insurance Office's first annual report on the U.S. insurance industry, mandated by the Dodd-Frank law, came out -- more than a year late -- today. Here's a quick, early look at what the body is following.
- SAP's Camilion Buy Fuels New Compliance-Focused LaunchJune 03, 2013A relaunched circular management system aims to help insurers streamline regulatory compliance.
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo Inquires on Insurers' Cyber SecurityMay 29, 2013The New York governor has sent letters to 31 insurance companies asking for information on their information security practices.
- Bring Your Own Service: The Next Wave in Collaboration?May 28, 2013A new Microsoft survey across 32 countries shows worker appetite for social tools is increasing. However, financial services firms may not be prepared to satisfy this appetite.
- 6 Best Practices for Implementing Finance SoftwareMay 07, 2013UNIT4 Business Software offers guidelines for implementing finance accounting software to support growth.
- Insurer Group: Sharing Telematics Data Must Be Opt-InMay 03, 2013The Association of British Insurers tells its members that getting "explicit consent" from policyholders is a best practice when sharing telematics data outside core insurance practices.
- Some Healthcare Costs to Rise Under Affordable Care Act, Official SaysMarch 27, 2013President Barack Obama's
top healthcare adviser acknowledged on Tuesday that costs could
rise in the individual health insurance market, particularly for
men and younger people, because of the landmark 2010 healthcare
restructuring due to take effect next