- Advice for Warren Buffett: 5 Tips for Your Commercial Lines InvestmentJuly 18, 2013The entrance of Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffet's insurance holding company, into the U.S. commercial excess and surplus market will involve a greenfield technology implementation. What should management's top IT priorities be?
- ACE Upgrades Portal for Multinational Clients, Self-Insured FirstJune 07, 2013New additions to the Worldview portal include functionality around claims.
- Hartford Steam Boiler Partners on Blackout Risk TechMay 30, 2013The Munich Re unit has partnered with Atmospheric and Environmental Research to develop a technology that insurers and clients can use to assess blackout risk.
- Selective Announces Executive Promotions in Claims and ITMay 13, 2013Among a roster of recent appointments and promotions announced by Selective Insurance were George Neale as SVP, Chief Claims Officer, and John Bresney as SVP, Application Delivery Services.
- Insurance CIOs Are Reshaping Their IT Organizations to Fit the TimesMay 06, 2013A combination of economic, cultural and technological forces is making insurance CIOs rethink the configuration of their IT organizations.
- Goldman Sachs to Sell Stake in Reinsurance GroupJanuary 16, 2013Goldman Sachs Group is
seeking a buyer for a majority stake of its $1.4 billion
reinsurance group, according to a copy of its January
presentation to potential buyers that was viewed by Reuters.
- CURE "Beefed Up" Reinsurance After Irene: COOOctober 29, 2012The New Jersey-based auto insurer also plans hyper-local storm outreach for future storms, according to COO Eric Poe, who envisions these major events hitting the company's home state much more often than they have historically.
- Karen Clark & Co. Releases Risk Management PlatformOctober 02, 2012Customers of the new platform include Arch Reinsurance and Security First.
- Reinsurers Must Optimize Data Utilization to Maximize ProfitabilitySeptember 17, 2012Many reinsurers fail to fully utilize their data, leaving open the potential to make costly mistakes regarding what business they book, how they allocate capital and how they prepare for changes in the market.
- 50 Flooding 'Hot Spots' in Latest Swiss Re iPad AppSeptember 06, 2012The company released the app concurrently with a report saying that flood losses now rival earthquake losses.
- Sapiens Releases BI Platform for ReinsuranceJune 06, 2012Reinsurance BI features several query and model options.
- ACE, Willis Re Partner on Catastrophe AnalyticsMay 11, 2012The reinsurers' offering aims to help companies understand their supply chains' exposure to worldwide catastrophes.
- Southport Re Names First CEOMay 01, 2012Glenn Weber comes from Aon to fill the position.
- Zurich Names Chief Underwriting OfficerFebruary 02, 2012Zurich names Sabrina Hart Chief Underwriting Officer for its Global Corporate in North America organization.
- Alleghany to Acquire TransatlanticNovember 21, 2011The news follows aborted bids for Transatlantic by Validus and Berkshire Hathaway.
- LB Group Selects Sapiens to Manage ReinsuranceOctober 11, 2011The Sapiens Insight system also will aid LB Group with Solvency II.
- Polaris Launches Cloud-Ready Platform for Insurance SectorMay 25, 2011Polaris launches cloud-ready platform for insurance sector; offers more than 70 business services to improve business agility, plus lower run and change costs.
- LexisNexis Insurance Enterprise View Addresses Data Integration ChallengesMay 24, 2011Modular solution integrates data from multiple sources.
- Guidewire Releases PolicyCenter UpgradeApril 28, 2011Version 7.0 features several enhancements to improve carriers' customer service, the company says.
- As Carriers Release Loss Estimates, Total Continues to ClimbApril 13, 2011RMS' estimate for total Japan insured losses has reached $34 billion, but some carriers are still basing their loss estimates on earlier numbers.