- Cycle Time: The Most Important Metric in ClaimsFebruary 28, 2014J.D. Power & Associates' latest homeowners claims satisfaction numbers indicate that the carriers with the lowest cycle times fare the best.
- How Did Hurricane Sandy Affect Insurance Tech Strategies?October 31, 2013There's been a lot of talk about how last year's hurricane affected insurance regulation, pricing and risk management -- but what of IT priorities and spend?
- Infrastructure Resilience: Where Do We Go After Sandy?October 30, 2013Policymakers, communities, citizens and the private sector (including insurers) share responsibility for rethinking disaster preparedness and response, agreed participants in a Stevens Institute of Technology conference about lessons learned from Superstorm Sandy.
- One Year After The Unthinkable: Sandy And The Insurance IndustryOctober 29, 2013There's a lot of talk this week about "lessons learned" in the year since Superstorm Sandy struck the Northeast. But has anything really changed?
- Sandy a 'Missed Opportunity' for Better Regulation: Deloitte's MillsOctober 29, 2013The former New York insurance superintendent says there are steps Congress can take to make it easier for insurers to address future catastrophes.
- One Year Later, Are Sandy's Lessons Learned?October 28, 2013A notable addition to the Brooklyn coastline has me wondering.
- Insurers Take Satisfaction Hit on Sandy Claims: J.D. PowerAugust 23, 2013While overall satisfaction with property claims is stable, policyholders were notably less satisfied with more complex Sandy claims.
- Auto Insurance Claims Satisfaction: Stable Overall Despite Near-Term DeclinesJuly 19, 2013J.D. Power Auto Claims Satisfaction study finds appraisal, settlement satisfaction are affected by spike in total loss claims from Superstorm Sandy and other Mid-Atlantic region storm events.
- Insurer Says Blue Cod Solution Stood Test of Super Storm SandyJune 04, 2013Narragansett Bay Insurance’s dynamic reaction plan and Blue Cod’s services enabled the carrier to handle more than double anticipated claims.
- What Should Be on the P&C Agenda for 2013March 11, 2013Whether through formal committees or ad hoc work groups, P&C insurers should have these four topics featured prominently on agenda for 2013.
- Black Swan Events Give Insurers Occasion to Improve Service and EfficiencyFebruary 26, 2013With extraordinary events becoming common, insurers can create cost savings and operational efficiencies and customer service improvements by integrating disaster response with day-to-day operations.
- Hurricane Sandy Proved A Perfect Storm To Test Insurers' Mobile CapabilitiesFebruary 13, 2013Wide use of mobile technologies lets insurers engage better with claimants, adjusters and others across a spectrum of communications, business continuity and claims handling activities.
- Allstate Says 95% of Sandy Claims Settled, but Rate Hikes LikelyFebruary 07, 2013Allstate Corp's quarterly profit
fell 45 percent on losses from superstorm Sandy, but the home
and auto insurer said it has paid out about 95 percent of Sandy
claims and is seeing rate increases across businesses.
- Inside the Sandy Claims Response: From the Front LinesJanuary 28, 2013Insurers are combining technological prowess with an improvisational spirit to address the superstorm's claims challenge.
- Insurers' Performance On Sandy Claims: Good News And Bad NewsJanuary 18, 2013Insurers' claims systems appear to have been up to the challenge of handling Superstorm Sandy claims. The same can't always be said for the industry's leadership and communication, however.
- Grading Insurers' Sandy Claims ResponseJanuary 18, 2013The picture of how well or how poorly insurers responded to Hurricane Sandy is complex. While some carriers did outstanding work, others were slow to respond, disappointing the public, agents and brokers. Some carriers' legalistic wrangling about claims ha
- Lawsuit Against XL Proves CEO's Admonition CorrectJanuary 18, 2013The electric car company Fisker is suing its insurance provider, XL America, over issues the company's CEO recently warned threatened the insurance industry.
- Sandy Dominates Conversation at P&C Industry ForumJanuary 16, 2013Both industry observers and industry participants spent a lot of time discussing Hurricane Sandy at this year's Insurance Information Institute Property/Casualty Joint Industry Forum.
- Tech Vital for Insurers to Meet Equity Analysts' ExpectationsJanuary 15, 2013Technology is one of four key elements that both P&C and life insurers must get right to grow at the rates that equity analysts – and, by extension, the worldwide investment community – expect.
- U.S. Accounted for 90% of Insured Natural Catastrophe Losses in 2012: Munich ReJanuary 04, 2013According to the insurer's 2012 Natural Catastrophe Year in Review report, Superstorm Sandy and the summer's drought caused record losses in the U.S., although globally losses were lower than in 2011.