- Travelers Acquires Dominion of CanadaJune 10, 2013The $1.1 billion transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of this year.
- Travelers' Asbestos-Reinsurance Case Will Go to TrialFebruary 08, 2013New York state's highest court
on Thursday said a trial must determine whether Travelers Cos
deliberately structured a nearly $1 billion asbestos
settlement to force its reinsurers to pay more than their fair
- Customer Retention, Firmer Pricing Lift TravelersJanuary 23, 2013U.S. insurer Travelers Cos Inc's
quarterly profit handily beat Wall Street expectations as it
charged more for insurance coverage while holding on to its
customers, sending its shares up as much as 5 percent to an
- Nationwide Security Breach Raises Priority of IT SecurityDecember 05, 2012Nearly a million Nationwide customers' personal information was compromised, but the fact that businesses report that cyber risk is their biggest concern shows that hackers present both threat and opportunity to the industry.
- Favorable Pricing, Weather Send Travelers to Record ProfitOctober 18, 2012Travelers posted a record
quarterly operating profit as prices rose and losses from
natural disasters fell sharply, the property insurance company
said on Thursday.
- Top 5 Soundbites from the SMA SummitSeptember 28, 2012Boston-based analyst firm Strategy Meets Action held its first summit this past Monday in its home city. Innovation was the watchword, with sessions focusing on how insurers can leverage five key next-generation technologies to advance the business: mobile
- Travelers: Pricing Power Strengthens in Third QuarterSeptember 11, 2012Insurance rates continued to rise in the
third quarter for both businesses and individual customers,
extending the pricing power that developed late last year,
insurer Travelers Cos Inc said on Tuesday.
- Travelers Sues NFL Over Brain Injury LawsuitsAugust 23, 2012Several subsidiaries of
Travelers Companies Inc sued the National Football
League and a host of other insurers, seeking to avoid paying to
defend the league against a wave of brain injury-related claims
by thousands of former players and their families.
- Travelers Opens Portal for Surety BondsApril 30, 2012The Click portal is designed to streamline and simplify surety bonds purchase and issuance for agents and brokers.
- Image Gallery: What Works in Online Quoting?April 18, 2012The user experience experts at Corporate Insight offer five ways to generate a customer-friendly online insurance quote and evaluate six carriers' websites based on the consultancy's top best practices.
- Travelers Enhances Risk Management Suite with New Risk Analyzer DashboardApril 16, 2012Travelers enhances risk management suite with new Risk Analyzer Dashboard, unveiled at RIMS 2012, designed to help customers more efficiently analyze loss trends.
- Travelers Adds to Telematics Offerings for Fleet CustomersFebruary 15, 2012The carrier's IntelliDrive Fleet Safety Solutions offers assistance in gleaning context from telematics data.
- Natural Disasters Build CAT Losses in Advance of Atlantic Hurricane Peak June 10, 2011Fires, floods and volcanic eruptions add to an already extraordinary year of catastrophes, even before the Atlantic Hurricane Season warms up. Will St. Louis be chest-high in water?
- ACORD Board Elects MEMIC's John Leonard as Chair, MetLife's Larry Blakeman as Vice-Chair January 20, 2011ACORD Board elects MEMIC's John Leonard as Chair, MetLife's Larry Blakeman as Vice-Chair; Zurich's Monique Hesseling to head ACORD Standards Committee; Spero Zacharias of Chubb will chair ACORD 2020 Advisory Committee.
- Travelers Embraces Telematics for Fleet BusinessSeptember 07, 2010The Hartford-based carrier will offer premium discounts of up to 15 percent to eligible commercial auto customers who effectively use telematics to monitor fleet driver behavior.
- ING Insurance U.S. Names New CIOAugust 19, 2010ING Insurance U.S. Names Gary Baxter – previously from head of IT, ING U.S. Retirement Services, ING Individual Retirement, and company’s closed block of business –new CIO; he will oversee technology investments and IT operations across a
- Travelers Names Madelyn Lankton Enterprise CIO, Al Lagana Head of Operations July 13, 2010The two executives take on roles held by Bill Bloom, Travelers CIO since 2003, operations head since 2006, who left to join outsourcing company EXL.
- Former Travelers CIO Bill Bloom Joins Outsourcing Company EXLJuly 12, 2010In the newly created role of executive vice president, global client services, Bloom will lead all of EXL's client-facing functions in a unified fashion including sales and marketing, strategic account management, and transformation services.
- Insurers Master Data for Strategic Business SupportJune 09, 2010As it becomes more feasible for insurers to base their strategic decisions on data analysis, IT and the business are stepping up their efforts to develop more subjective interpretations of data that drive a competitive edge.
- The Hartford Names William Awad Chief Technology Officer June 09, 2010The Hartford names William Awad Chief Technology Officer; former Travelers CTO will drive enterprise technology strategy and policy across the organization.