- WellPoint Pays HHS $1.7 Million for Data BreachJuly 11, 2013The payment settles potential HIPAA violations related to a 2009 data breach.
- WellPoint Sees Telehealth As First Mobile StepFebruary 25, 2013Wellpoint's app, LiveHealth Online, which lets patients reach doctors without an office visit, is expected to be mobile-ready by the end of the year.
- New WellPoint CEO Has Been at Center of Healthcare Industry's TransformationFebruary 12, 2013Joseph Swedish, a 40-year healthcare industry veteran, is charged with driving collaboration with providers to improve outcomes and reduce the costs of care.
- WellPoint Posts Higher ProfitJanuary 23, 2013WellPoint Inc reported a
higher-than-expected fourth-quarter profit on Wednesday as it
kept medical costs down, but the second-largest U.S. health
insurer said it was taking a "prudent" view of 2013 in the face
of industry reform.
- WellPoint Calls Up Amerigroup Exec for its CMOJanuary 15, 2013The health insurer has named Patrick Blair has been named senior VP and CMO after he held a similar position at recent takeover target Amerigroup.
- Elite 8 2012: Brian LeClaire Is On A Data-Driven Healthcare MissionOctober 16, 2012Humana's Brian LeClaire leads an organization deeply invested in leveraging the power of big data and advanced analytics to improve healthcare outcomes.
- Amerigroup to Sell Va. Unit Separately from Wellpoint DealSeptember 28, 2012The health insurer will sell its Virginia unit to Inova as the company as a whole goes to Wellpoint.
- Wellpoint Invests in Consumer Health KiosksAugust 31, 2012The insurer is investing in kiosk maker SoloHealth so it can "get closer to the consumer and engage them where they are," according to the manufacturer's president.
- Concerns About Strategy & Growth Drove WellPoint CEO Braly's ResignationAugust 29, 2012Concerns about strategy and growth drove WellPoint CEO Braly's resignation; health insurer's board states, "Now is the right time for a leadership change" in explanation of the decision.
- WellPoint Selects FitOrbit Online CoachingMay 21, 2012The obesity-fighting program was founded by Jake Steinfeld, known for his "Body By Jake" television show.
- Managing Expectations in Real Time: The Talk of the Week in InsuranceApril 20, 2012I&T takes a look back at this week's best commentary.
- WellPoint Creates Chief Transformation Officer RoleMarch 05, 2012V. Rajamannar Madabhushi to join health insurer WellPoint as EVP, Senior Business, and Chief Transformation Officer, enhancing carrier's focus on innovation and consumer engagement.
- 4 Ways to Ruin the Insurance Customer ExperienceDecember 05, 2011Carriers talk a good game about customer experience, yet a great insurance customer experience remains elusive. But there's no need to suffer through trial and error. Here are the four most important mistakes carriers must avoid in order to keep their
- Wellpoint, IBM Announce Partnership Using Watson TechnologySeptember 12, 2011The computing system made famous during its run on Jeopardy! will help the health insurer with a physician-facing solution.
- CIGNA CIO: Go Global, Go Deep, Go IndividualJuly 20, 2011Mark Boxer, who took on the CIO role at CIGNA in April 2011, talks to Insurance & Technology about technology's role in supporting the health insurer's information-intensive global strategy emphasizing the individual customer.
- WellPoint Names VP of Consumer Experience and E-MarketingApril 20, 2011Meg Rush joins the health carrier from WebMD Health Services.
- Mark Boxer Returns to CIGNA as CIOApril 05, 2011Later this month Boxer will succeed retiring CIO Phil Emond, who will work with Boxer during a transition period ending this summer.
- EVP Lori Beer Discusses Strategy of WellPoint’s Enterprise Business Service OrganizationNovember 04, 2010The new organization, headed by former CIO Beer, unites several core business functions to coordinate services at a high level, providing strategic agility and enabling senior leaders to focus on front-end business concerns.
- WellPoint Names Lori Beer EVP of Newly Formed Enterprise Business Services UnitOctober 08, 2010A.J. Lang, who joined WellPoint in 2008, will succeed Beer in the CIO Role.
- Anthem Opens Online Store For Medicare PlansOctober 08, 2010Targeting baby boomers, the carrier offers on the Web site "quick quotes" and information on Medicare plans.