- Aetna Launches Patient-Centered Medical Home InitiativeNovember 15, 2013Decision-support tool Eviti is used in a plan that aims to improve cancer treatment coordination while reducing patient costs.
- What Went Wrong With Healthcare.gov? 9 ViewsOctober 25, 2013Tech experts, health insurance players and of course political figures offered an array of opinions as to what went wrong with the federally run insurance marketplace.
- Capital BlueCross' Mark Caron Thrives On The Challenge Of ChangeOctober 23, 2013Capital BlueCross SVP and CIO Mark Caron is marshaling analytics capabilities to help the insurer provide consumers with medical value in a market transformed by healthcare reform.
- More Tech Spending Coming for Health Claims: Enkata SurveyOctober 17, 2013Increasing technology spending for technology upgrades is one major way healthcare claims executives plan on handling changes set by ICD-10 and Affordable Care Act.
- Insurers Blame Tech for Clogging Health Exchange Implementation: PwCSeptember 25, 2013Sixty-three percent of surveyed insurers told PwC that technology integration was the biggest barrier to exchange implementation.
- Washington State Insurance Exchange Beset by Domain SquattersSeptember 20, 2013A local TV station reports that at least one opportunistic insurance broker has taken advantage of the state's lax domain registration.
- The New Architecture Of How Things Are Done In InsuranceAugust 30, 2013As insurance shifts from being a risk product to a consumer product that is more usage-based, there will be dramatic changes in the way insurance is bought, sold and distributed.
- Health Insurers Having a Ball with Reform: 4 ExamplesAugust 23, 2013Some health insurance companies are betting that games will help their policyholders better understand healthcare reform.
- Doc Can't Take Cards? No Problem, Says United HealthcareAugust 20, 2013Health insurer opens billing portal that takes customer payments in a variety of ways, aiming for convenience.
- Insurers Must Prepare for Affordable Care Act's Data RequirementsAugust 12, 2013To comply with ACA mandates and take advantage of its incentives, health insurers must adopt new data habits, says Oracle's director of health insurance.
- Obamacare Challenges: Being Compliant & Competitive Under the Affordable Care ActJuly 19, 2013The cost-benefit to health insurers of moving from a manual to an automated plan management system could be as much as a 50% reduction in production and distribution costs.
- Computer Glitch Spares Smokers from Higher Insurance RatesJuly 10, 2013Though insurers may charge smokers a certain penalty under the Affordable Care Act, a software issue has cropped up that will delay the implementation of that penalty.
- Providence Health Plans Selects Colibrio's Tuo for Private ExchangeMay 12, 2013The carrier says Tuo addresses its need for an end-to-end portal solution as well as a repository of customer information and an internal workflow to support enrollment and customer relationship management.
- 4 Health Insurance Reform Concerns Technology Can AddressApril 26, 2013Technology will offer the healthcare industry a means to fast-track the Affordable Care Act by delivering customer-driven processes that leverage information capture and smart process technology, cloud access and mobility, making compliance affordable to insurers.
- Most Large Employers to Keep Health Insurance Benefit: SurveyMarch 07, 2013Most large employers don't expect to
send their full-time employees to government health exchanges
for insurance during the next five years, but some retirees and
part-time workers will end up there, a new survey has found.
- Health Insurers Notified of Must-Offer Benefits Under Healthcare ReformFebruary 21, 2013The Obama administration on
Wednesday issued its long-awaited final rule on what states and
insurers must do to provide the essential health benefits
required in the individual and small-group market beginning in
2014 under the healthcare reform law.
- New WellPoint CEO Has Been at Center of Healthcare Industry's TransformationFebruary 12, 2013Joseph Swedish, a 40-year healthcare industry veteran, is charged with driving collaboration with providers to improve outcomes and reduce the costs of care.
- 11 Answers to 2012's Burning QuestionsDecember 14, 2012Last year we identified 11 questions we expected to be answered by the insurance technology industry in 2012. How much clarity did we get?
- US Faces Running Dozens of Health ExchangesDecember 14, 2012Fourteen U.S. states and the
District of Columbia so far have told the federal government
they plan to operate healthcare exchanges under President Barack
Obama's reform law, leaving Washington with the daunting task of
creating online marketplaces for at
- U.S. Releases New Health Insurance Reform RulesNovember 21, 2012The U.S. administration on
Tuesday proposed new health insurance rules aimed at ending
discrimination against the sick and guaranteeing minimum
benefits for millions of Americans who are expected to obtain
coverage under President Barack Obama's healthcare