- Which Industry Leads In IT Job Creation?April 21, 2014How does insurance rank in CareerBuilder/Economic Modeling Specialists ranking of top industries for rapid IT job growth?
- The State Of Policy Admin Systems ModernizationDecember 19, 2013Insurers are making progress retiring legacy core systems, but they’re not always satisfied with the new policy admin systems they’re implementing, research from SMA reveals.
- Freestone Selects PCIS CompVISION for Workers’ CompensationDecember 18, 2013After a negative experience with implementing a custom platform, FIC selects a system with built-in workflow processes in a 45- to 60-day timeline.
- Insurance Groups React to FIO Modernization ReportDecember 13, 2013Insurance industry groups share thoughts regarding the FIO’s report on insurance regulation and distribution in the U.S.
- What Matters In IT: Gaining the 360-Degree Customer ViewJuly 15, 2013Providing “information at your fingertips” continues to be difficult for most organizations, but architecture for continuous migration can provide carriers a single view of the customer across multiple systems, channels and devices.
- Consider Both Costs and Benefits of Life Platform ModernizationApril 15, 2013Life insurers contemplating platform need to have a clear view of the implications, and a well-defined, realistic road map as they weigh the considerable benefits.
- You Need to Replace Your Policy Admin System — But Are You Ready?March 13, 2013Deciding that the time is right for core policy system replacement isn’t the same as being ready to do so, but mistaking the two is a common trap for insurers to fall into.
- Nationwide’s PolicyCenter Project Pioneers Package Policy Admin for Top-Tier InsurersJanuary 24, 2013CIO Jim Korcykoski and project leader Seth Flory, VP, Business Transformation Office, relate how Nationwide decided the time — and the target system — was right for a package policy admin system implementation for processing policies representi
- The Top 3 Areas of Claims InvestmentDecember 21, 2012Accenture's Michael Costonis concludes a two-part series on claims needs with the areas in which the company finds the most investment coming.
- Making Your Mainframe Work Smarter, Not HarderNovember 27, 2012Rather than rip-and-replace, optimize your mainframe MIPS for key applications and understanding where you can redeploy MIPS-heavy workloads to alternative, more cost-effective platforms without introducing significant risk.
- Insurers See Need to Modernize Claims Capabilities, Cloud Will Help - Accenture SurveyNovember 20, 2012Insurers have failed to achieve the promise of modern, configurable claims systems in significant measure, but cloud is likely to help carriers to leapfrog to future-proofed modern capabilities that can take advantage of data analytics.
- The Waiting Game: Life/Annuity Insurers on the Technology Modernization SidelinesNovember 05, 2012Given that CIOs are ready to move forward, why is there not a greater sense of urgency among life/annuity carriers to replace legacy policy administration systems, and, what will it take for them to make the move?
- Elite 8 2012: Greg Clancy Transforms IT Organization Through Core Systems ModernizationOctober 17, 2012Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance SVP and CIO Greg Clancy has overseen the replacement of nearly all of the company's primary systems. And he had to remake the IT organization in the process.
- Modernization Choice: Replacement or Future-Proof Environment Leveraging Legacy Assets?October 05, 2012Considering the difficulty, length, cost, risk, and project metric failure rate of legacy replacement initiatives, more insurers should consider future-proofing strategies that leverage legacy systems over mere modernization.
- Integrated Policy Admin System Helps Western World Earn Distributors' BusinessJuly 20, 2012Western World Insurance taps Instec's Quicksolver, Oracle's Documaker and Vision Solutions' DoubleTake as fundamental components of its new Western World Integrated Platform (WWIP) policy admin solution.
- Inside a Claims System Revamp: Q&A With Auto-Owners SVP Bob BuchananMarch 26, 2012P&C carrier Auto-Owners Insurance didn't come to its decision to replace its legacy claims system overnight. SVP Bob Buchanan explains how it ended up selecting Guidewire ClaimCenter.
- FBD Insurance Finds Shelter From the Claims StormMarch 09, 2012FBD Insurance replaces it legacy system and automates the claims life cycle -- just in time for a blizzard of new claims.
- Blue Shield of California Inks Modernization Contract with HPJanuary 25, 2012The insurer is in the midst of moving its members onto TriZetto's Facets policy administration platform.
- Another British Invasion? The New Wave of Insurance RegulationOctober 10, 2011Just as the musical "British Invasion" ultimately had a lasting impact on American music and
culture, the synergy of regulatory reforms in the U.S. and Europe are also aimed at constructive
global cooperation, a blending of the best of both worlds.
- Insurers Now Have Modernization Options When Package PAS Systems Don't Fit July 26, 2011Rules-based, configurable policy administration systems have proven themselves in the market. But packaged solutions aren't right for every insurer. Fortunately, other, more flexible alternatives to legacy systems offer new options to carriers that need to