- 3 Strategies for Transforming the Customer Experience with Swift Claims SettlementsDecember 04, 2013Digital delivery capabilities can help insurers settle claims quickly and efficiently -- and provide an optimal customer experience in the process.
- Why Insurers Should Consider Cloud Backup to Protect Critical DataNovember 27, 2013Cloud backup services can help ensure regulatory compliance while reducing the risk of data loss.
- Cybersecurity Management: What to Know for 2014November 25, 2013After an 18% increase in data security losses in 2013, here's three ways insurers can improve their practices.
- Is Data Security Software Good Enough?October 04, 2013A panel of experts identified several issues in enterprises' use of data security software.
- 3 Ways to Combat Insider Cyber ThreatsOctober 04, 2013Best practices and technology combine to prevent employees from going rogue with sensitive data.
- Selective Adds Information Security and Management ExecsAugust 15, 2013The insurance company has promoted two members of its IT staff to the VP level.
- MEDfx Gets Michigan Designation as SSA Disability eClaims Tech ProviderJune 18, 2013Michigan's State Health Information Network (MiHIN) will offer MEDfx to hospitals and health systems through sub-state Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) across the state.
- Vertafore Commits to Single Sign-OnJune 03, 2013The company says its new capability is related to its work with ID Federation.
- Sentinel Security Life Adopts iPipeline iGO App-based SolutionJune 03, 2013The solution, which includes call center integration, will be used by over 13,000 insurance producers selling Sentinel Security’s final expense products in 25 states.
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo Inquires on Insurers' Cyber SecurityMay 29, 2013The New York governor has sent letters to 31 insurance companies asking for information on their information security practices.
- Bring Your Own Service: The Next Wave in Collaboration?May 28, 2013A new Microsoft survey across 32 countries shows worker appetite for social tools is increasing. However, financial services firms may not be prepared to satisfy this appetite.
- Security First Takes to Social Media for Insurance ClaimsMay 17, 2013Security First is using big-data cloud social media analytics software from IBM and partner Integritie to analyze incoming messages sent by email and social media.
- Aetna Names J.P. Morgan Vet New CISOMay 16, 2013James Routh has joined Aetna as chief information security officer responsible for the overall program around the health insurer's information assets.
- Bulletin: ID Federation Momentum Growing, Says Progressive's DeVitoMay 07, 2013The organization working to deliver a set of standards for agent password management across multiple carriers should have version 1.0 ready within "months," he says.
- As Cyber Threats Build Against U.S., CEOs Ask for 'Light Touch'March 14, 2013Corporate leaders from the
defense, technology, energy and banking industries told
President Barack Obama on Wednesday they agreed cyber attacks
were a top security threat but that they were looking for a
"light touch" from the government in response to th
- WellPoint Sees Telehealth As First Mobile StepFebruary 25, 2013Wellpoint's app, LiveHealth Online, which lets patients reach doctors without an office visit, is expected to be mobile-ready by the end of the year.
- U.S. Government Warns of Hacking Threat to PCsJanuary 29, 2013The U.S. Department of Homeland
Security urged computer users on Tuesday to disable a common
networking technology feature, after researchers warned that
hackers could exploit flaws to gain access to tens of millions
of vulnerable devices.
- Data Security Will be 2013's Story of the YearDecember 20, 2012Channel and device proliferation, as well as hunger for big data, mean insurers must be more vigilant than ever about securing policyholders' personal information.
- What Fuels ERM? More DataDecember 20, 2012You'll never get enterprise risk management right until you analyze enough data to make informed decisions.
- Nationwide Security Breach Raises Priority of IT SecurityDecember 05, 2012Nearly a million Nationwide customers' personal information was compromised, but the fact that businesses report that cyber risk is their biggest concern shows that hackers present both threat and opportunity to the industry.